Wednesday, February 13

A little stuff

Lunch again on the lawn Sunday after church. Everyone came out. The kids ended up in Aidan's room playing for a few minutes before naptime. Aidan was just beside himself giddy having friends over. I love the old school toys and the lite brite was a hit. Won't be getting one anytime soon though: too many tiny pieces!Speaking of Aidan, Reece loves the bicycle he passed down to us.
He wants to ride it in the house a lot, and LOVES wearing his helmet.
He also loves his Spiderman sport bottle he got from Hank's party.
He rides, stops, and drinks.Poor thing doesn't have very long legs though, as he can just now reach the petals all the way around. He knows how to push his feet, but needs another growth spurt to be able to propel himself. He will be such a happy boy when he can do it.This is my favorite age so far.
Reece loves his friends. He wants to eat breakfast, lunch and dinner with his friends. Bailey, Grayson, Kiley, Danijela, Olivia, and Bailey are names mentioned the most often. He says "I eat Grayson" or "I eat Bailey". We are working on prepositions, but it's awfully cute as is. He has impeccable taste in friends, so it works well for us both.

While Daddy was out of town, we got to do dinner with a few of our favs. We did Gloria's on Monday night with Olivia and Grayson (and their mommys). Tuesday night Tara and Bailey came over for some salmon delight. She brought it and prepared it; what great service! I'm eating the brownies we made right now...yum!

Other times when it's time to go home and we cannot "eat Bailey", Mr. Reece is not so happy. This is one of the many things that he will throw a fit over. He usually cries out 'nooooooo' or 'wahhhhh' and hurls himself to the floor, rolling around. It usually only lasts seconds before he's up again, but it is a pretty common occurrence for things he doesn't like.A few of my mom friends comment on his behavior...ah yes, Reece is officially two! We are really working on being consistent with feedback and discipline. Love and Logic is our current mode of operation. It really helps me to remain calm and be more consistent. Both are so important.

Night time is sweet. We read books, I sing a song or two, we pray, and I kiss him goodnight. For some reason, he doesn't just give mommy a kiss. He points to his cheek. I kiss it. He says 'the other one' and I kiss that one too. Then he says 'lip' and takes his paci out to give me a wet one on the lips. It sounds all very European. Fine by me. I get 3 kisses every night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home