Thursday, February 14

Valentine Party

Really felt like a mom yesterday as I made Valentines for my little boy's school Valentine party. Reece added the sparkly heart stickers. I was proud of our personalized, hand-crafted Valentines, rather than just buying one off the shelf (although VERY tempting). This feels more old school. That's me.
~~~
The party was fun. It was nice to see the moms and kids together for longer than drop off and pick up. I'm still working to get everyone's names, but they are cuties. I realized today how many boys are in Reece's class. I'm glad. He needs his man time, since so many of his other friends are chicks. ; )

One of the moms made heart-shaped sandwiches and another brought Chex Mix with Valentine hearts.
Roman had a big pile of Chex Mix.
Love that moppy hair. Cutie pie!
We made Valentine picture frames with foamy sticker hearts.
Some didn't make it on the frame. ; )The kids reminded us when it was about time to go.
Some wanted their mommys to hold them.
My boy on the other hand, was rambunctious!

After the party, Kirsten and I took the boys to the park
to run off their sugar high just before naps.
Happy Valentines Day, everybody!

3 Comments:

Blogger Anne said...

I love the picture of Grayson sticking the heart sticker on his mommy's face. So sweet.

Very impressive valentine cards btw!!

7:10 PM  
Blogger Christy@pipandsqueak said...

Very cute. We went with store bought for school since there was not actually a party. We did handmade for family because I can't see paying $4 for a card for daddy.

7:38 PM  
Blogger Tara said...

Looks like they had a great time! Hey I recognize one if the moms, my friend April in that last pic. She was my mops discussion leader last year. You'll have to tell her hi for me next time you see her.

9:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home